Safety precautions during COVID-19. We're taking additional steps and precautionary measures to protect our community from COVID-19 Know more
Your stay at our property will be governed in accordance to our tenancy policy.
- Houses on rent are accommodations listed on GetSetHome. These properties are available for rental on Leave and License basis for a period of 11 months. GetSetHome does not charge brokerage for renting these properties. GetSetHome facilitates technology and convenience to tenants and home owners for managing services for these properties.
- Interested tenants can reserve desired inventory (house/apartment/bungalow/villa) by paying a token amount which is adjusted in the security deposit amount on move in. Incase of cancellation of transaction, token amount is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Listing properties will have a minimum lock-in period as highlighted on the property detail page. As per Rent Control Act, neither party can serve notice during the mentioned lock-in period and in case served, will have to compensate rent payment for the remaining number of months left to complete lock-in.
- We follow a monthly billing cycle starting from 1st of every month irrespective of the date of move in. All contracts are for 11 months and in case the tenant needs to vacate at any time during this period (post completion of lock-in), there is an option to vacate by serving a notice of 30 days. Notice period of 30 days can be served by either party and is applicable both ways.
- GetSetHome will allow check-in strictly between 11am to 7pm on all days. No check-ins will be allowed before the mentioned time due to restrictions from society office. Tenants are requested to plan their move ins / travel schedules accordingly.
- All issues reported within 48 hours of move-in by raising a service ticket from the dashboard will be considered and fixed (if required and agreed by the homeowner) without any cost implication to you. (Verbal communication to anyone including property manager, reception, ground staff, caretaker, etc will not be considered as reported).
- GetSetHome treats all its employees, service providers including housekeeping, security and food vendors with dignity and respect. It is expected that tenants also uphold this principle in their dealings with all representatives and service providers of Society Office / GetSetHome.
- Ragging or Bullying in any form whatsoever is strictly prohibited and is a cognizable offence under the Indian Penal Code, 1860. Any such instance reported of ragging brought to the notice of Stay Partner or GetSetHome will lead to the appropriate legal action.
- GetSetHome & Home Owner’s decision will be held final in situations and holds the authority to give notice to any tenant to vacate the flat at any point of time in case of breach of any terms of the tenancy policy.
- Any disputes related to rent or any reimbursements added to the monthly invoices should be flagged to our customer experience team by writing an email to [email protected] as per the process laid out, and such requests will be actioned upon basis the timelines mentioned by GetSetHome. However, any pending disputes in rent should not be a reason for not making timely payments.
On renting Entire House through GetSetHome, only apartment space is included in the monthly rent along with basic fittings as highlighted in the property detail page.
Incase of exceptions being discussed with GetSetHome, we request you to capture the same over email marked to [email protected] before paying a token amount. (Verbal communication to anyone including property manager, reception, ground staff, caretaker, etc will not be considered as an agreement).
- DTH, Internet, Maid service or Gas bill is not included in the monthly rent. Tenants will have to apply and manage the mentioned services by self. Tenant needs to provide confirmation of disconnection of the mentioned services if availed before vacating the property.
- The package does not include an electricity bill. The actual electricity bill amount for the month needs to be cleared by the tenant directly with the electricity department and share a confirmation of payment receipts incase required for audit / reconciliation.
- Cost for agreement, police verification or any other compliance documents required by society/local authority will be charged as per actuals. Please read our FAQ's for more information.
- Access to Clubhouse or other amenities of the society are at the sole discretion of the society office to allow or deny tenants to use these facilities. In case the access is granted, charges to be borne by tenants to use the facilities.
- Car/Bike/Scooter parking provision and charges are subject to permission and availability from the society office.
- We provide maintenance visits to add convenience to our tenants and to save their effort and time to find solutions and fix things. For any kind of complaints, requests or issues tenants can either resolve it by self or raise a service ticket using the GetSetHome dashboard only. As per GetSetHome policy for long term rental properties, there will be a visiting charge of Rs.200 applicable per service ticket to visit and understand the concern and get quotations from vendors to fix it. Once we receive quotations from a 3rd party vendor, the tenant will have to confirm the cost and his / her will to proceed further with fixing. The charges for fixing the concerns will be billed to the tenant in the next month's rent cycle. Please read our FAQ's for more information.
- Food or any other house consumable is not provided by GetSetHome and is not a part of the package.
- Anything not mentioned in the "Package Inclusion" section above.
Below is the list of documents to be submitted before move in as per government regulations:
- PAN Card
- Aadhar Card OR Passport Copy OR Driving License OR Voters ID
- Current Organization ID Card OR Letter from HR on company letterhead
GetSetHome / HomeOwner will not be responsible for any discomfort / delay caused during move-in due to delay in document submissions.
GetSetHome will provide assistance to complete agreement and police verification formalities, however the dependency is on government bodies and that incase of delay, tenants are expected to keep patience and cooperate. No compensation will be accepted for the delay.
Tenants will be required to pay on actual non-refundable charges to GetSetHome towards the services provided for registering Leave and License Agreement with the Sub-registrar and Police Verification with the local Police Station.
Please note that:
- These charges need to be paid before move in date for GetSetHome to initiate an agreement registering process which usually takes 5-8 working days basis Sub-registrar office being operational.
- GetSetHome / HomeOwner will not be responsible for any delay in police verification or execution of leave and license agreement due to delay from either the Tenant, Owner or the police.
- If during the tenure of the stay, the tenant shifts to another house managed by GetSetHome, then the charges will need to be paid again by the tenant as per the Rent Control Act of India.
- These charges will need to be paid again by the Tenant at the time of renewal / re-execution of Leave and License agreement.
- Registration of Leave and License agreements are now processed online for Aadhar Card holders and therefore will need tenants to be available for biometric verification. The above said charge factors only one visit for biometric verification. Incase tenant re-schedules or cancels biometric visit, Rs.500 will be charged additional for each cancellation as these are government agency charges per visit.
- For International guests moving in for a long term stay, as per Indian Law every guest needs to submit C-form which is issued from Commissioners Office in respective city. Guests are requested to complete necessary formalities and ensure they hold a valid C-form for a time period relevant to their stay. To make it convenient, below are the documents required for processing C-from:
- Original Passport with Validity of 12 months and more.
- Visa with validity for 60 days or more.
- Letter from Institute / Company with guest's name and purpose of visit.
As per our policy, for token payment received, we reserve the unit/inventory for the next 48 hours only. To confirm the stay, the tenant has to make a balance payment of the security deposit and rent as per agreed terms to avoid cancellation of the booking.
Post 48 hours, in case of non-payment, the inventory will be released and the tenant will have to book again with a new token payment for the reservation. In case the tenant has paid the security deposit and decides to cancel / delay move-in, the monthly rental terms as agreed will be applicable as per policy with no exceptions for delayed or no move-ins.
Monthly rent to be paid strictly in advance on or before the 5th day of each calendar month for existing tenants. New tenants have to clear current month rent and security deposit in advance before moving in.
- Between 5th to 10th of the month: Rs.500/-
- After 10th of the month: Rs.100/- per day for the no. of days delayed.
- Non-receipt of rental payment post 15th of the month may lead to eviction without any prior notice
To make it affordable, we take only THREE months of rent as a security deposit before moving in. The token amount paid while booking the bed is adjusted in the total payable deposit amount.
It is mandatory for every tenant to pay a deposit amount in advance before moving in. As per our policy, keys will be handed over to tenants only after receiving the deposit amount.
- Tenants need to track and clear payable bills on a timely basis to avoid disconnection of services. Incase of disconnection of electricity bill or removal of electricity meter, Tenant will visit the local electricity board office and bear all charges to activate the connection.
- Electricity bills are generated by the Electricity board and that Home Owner or GetSetHome is nowhere responsible for unit consumption or calculation of bill amount generated.
- Electric fuse out at the property is due to either high consumption of electricity or due to use of faulty appliances / adapter / chargers. Incase if electric fuse out, tenants are expected to arrange for local electricians and fix the issue at their own cost.
- Incase tenants are expected to travel out of town for a period of time, tenants should empty the refrigerator and switch off the main power supply to ensure no consumption of electricity. There may be basis charges added by the electricity department even if the main switch is kept off.
- In case of any concerns related to the electricity bill amount, tenants will have to directly raise complaints with the Electricity Board.
- Incase of no electricity bill generated / considerably lesser than average electricity bill generated for any property for a particular month, then an average of 6 months electricity bill will be reviewed and charges to be settled by the tenant.
- Incase you own an Electric Vehicle(EV) and have a requirement for charging your EV, then the tenant will have to send an email to [email protected] with the vehicle RC book copy applying for permissions.
- We will further reach out to the owner and society office for respective permission. Please note that we are not obliged to offer permission for this requirement. Only if homeowner and society office allows permission will we honor the request.
- If we have received the necessary approvals for the installation of a new power connection for EV charging, the tenant owing EV will have to pay one month\'s rent equivalent as an additional security deposit over and above the 2 months\' rent as a deposit paid.
- On receipt of the additional deposit, the tenant owing the vehicle will incur the entire cost involved for installation for PowerPoint and society charges if applicable.
- Due to the fact that the electricity bill is divided equally amongst the tenants residing for the respective time periods, to make it fair for non-EV vehicle users and EV vehicle users, we will consider an average of electricity bills for the last 6 months and from the month EV charging is being used. The differential amount exceeding the average of 6 months will be added completely on to the tenant owning the EV. For clarity: If the average bill amount of the last 6 months for a property was Rs.3000 split between 6 tenants i.e. Rs.500 per head and post additional EV charging the monthly bill is Rs.4000, the differential amount of Rs. 1000 will be added along with average split to EV owner and total bill payment will be Rs.1500.
Our website allows multiple payment options like UPI, Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card, UPI and Digital Wallets adding convenience to make payments online (Charges applicable). Online transaction fee will not be refunded as it is the cost of processing payments adding convenience to users.
We DO NOT accept CASH, Cheque or online transfer through NEFT/IMPS directly in our bank account.
- As per our policy, tenants are expected to serve a 30-days prior notice through the online system only. Tenants need to login to their profile and use the "Serve Exit Notice" feature to select the desired date of exit and submit their notice request. On acceptance, the tenant will receive a system generated acknowledgement mail.
- As per our policy, 30 days notice is mandatory and non-negotiable under any circumstances. In case the tenant needs to leave earlier than scheduled move out date due to any personal reasons, he/she can leave the house. However, rent will be applicable as per notice period and in case the rent is not paid for the remaining days, then the balance amount will be adjusted from the security deposit.
- Tenants are expected to vacate the property on or before 7.00 pm on the exit date.
- Extension of stay after the move out date is totally on the discretion of GetSetHome / Stay Partners. In case any tenant found staying post move out date, it will be considered as trespassing and will be fined at Rs.1500/- per day.
- Tenants are expected to return the keys of the main door, rooms and wardrobe at the time of exit. In case we do not find the set of keys at the time of exit inspection, we will proceed further with replacing the main door lock and creating a new set of keys and the charges will be deducted as per tenancy policy terms.
- Tenants are expected to plan their exit from the property as per their convenience. Incase of early exit from the property, rent will be calculated as per 30 days notice period. Once the tenant has exited the property, moving in again will not be allowed as per the tenancy policy.
- Incase of notice served by Homeowner to discontinue services with reasons related to resale of property, relocation to the property, redevelopment, or any other, GetSetHome will serve a minimum of 30 days notice period to Tenants. However, incase of urgency to vacate, GetSetHome will serve a reasonable notice period to tenants and provide alternate options in the close by properties to relocate.
- During 30 day notice period, tenants have to ensure the property is accessible to GetSetHome staff / prospective new leads to visit the property at all times. In case, of any hindrance/restrictions are created more than 2 times during the notice period towards limiting access, a penalty of 3 days rental will be charged per instance.
We would like to inform you that we usually commit to refunds taking place within 20 bank working days following your exit after our exit team has completed the necessary exit formalities.
We shall deduct the following charges, if applicable, from security deposit while refunding:
- In case the tenant doesn't serve 30 days' notice period, we shall deduct one month's rent from the deposit.
- Any late payment penalty, unpaid utility bill, society club house facility / parking charges and damage charges caused by the tenant based on actuals and as agreed upon by accepting tenancy policy.
- Pending electricity bill amount, will be settled from the deposit. Please read our FAQ's for more information.
- Damage charges will be recovered as per market comparative charges to fix / replace the furniture / appliance / fittings damaged, however, fixing of damage will be at discretion of GetSetHome and may not be immediate at times.
- Tenants shall rent the entire property on leave and license basis for residential use only. Number of tenants residing in the property will be informed to GetSetHome and will be mentioned in the registered rent agreement and police verification for each will be completed before move-in.
- Tenants shall not engage in illegal activities in the room / property / apartment.
- For emergency maintenance and/or showing premises to any prospective tenants during notice period, Home Owner / GetSetHome shall keep an extra key of the premises. It is hereby advised to all the tenants to keep their valuables locked inside the cupboards and not to leave them unattended. The LandLord or GetSetHome, its service partners/vendors shall not be held liable/responsible for any loss/damage/theft.
- According to the local laws, you need to keep the music / TV volume / noise low. Please be respectful to the neighbors and keep noise to bare minimum after 10 o'clock at night.
- In case of any family/friend staying overnight in the apartment leading to escalation from society office, it will be considered as violation of this rule and the responsible tenant will be charged Rs.2000 penalty per instance.
- In case of guests visiting the property, the host tenant shall be held responsible for the conduct of his/her guests in the premise and its consequences thereafter. Any financial losses incurred shall be borne by the host tenant.
- Tenants are expected to be responsible in the house. Don't leave any electric or electronic gadgets plugged in to the power outlet or unattended on the bed. Some of the gadgets generate heat which might start a fire, when in contact with a fabric or a highly flammable material.
- Water should be used judiciously. Tenants should report any water leakages as soon as the same is noticed by raising a service ticket. In case, water taps are left open resulting in an overflowing of water, Rs.1000 fine will be imposed per instance.
- Incase of medical emergency related to critical or transferable illness is detected to prevent other tenants from getting infected, it is the tenants responsibility to immediately report it to GetSetHome over email and self quarantine.
- Main door, room and wardrobe keys will be handed over when you move in. Make sure you don't lose it. In case you do, replacement will cost you Rs.500/- per key.
- Tenants are expected not to mess around with the property walls, doors, appliances, furniture sets and the layout of the house. GetSetHome has designed the placement of furniture in a manner as shown in the photos on the website and tenants need to maintain the same at all times.
- GetSetHome has provided designated areas in the premise with clothes dryers for drying clothes. We do not appreciate any clothes being left around in the property/on any furniture sets including their own/on any appliances or any other area for drying. During our visit, if we find any tenant drying clothes apart from the designated area, we will levy a penalty of Rs.500/- per instance.
- House may have following appliances such as a TV, Fridge, Washing Machine, Microwave, Iron, Water Purifier and Geyser and the maintenance of these is the responsibility of the tenants. GetSetHome is not responsible for the cost of maintenance of any appliances.
- In case the cost of service or repair of any furniture or appliance will be approximate or equivalent to the price of a brand-new unit, then GetSetHome’s decision will be final to resolve the service ticket raised by replacing the unit.
- Tenants should refrain from overloading the washing machines and to ensure that clothes are unloaded immediately after usage.
- Please turn off all the lights, fans, AC's, heater, geyser, mosquito-repellent machines etc and other appliances while leaving the room to save energy.
- Electricity, DTH, Internet and Water services are owned and managed by 3rd parties and therefore any kind of fluctuation, supply cut or down time, Home Owner / GetSetHome will not be held responsible on resolution time.
- As individuals, everyone needs to contribute to keep their surroundings clean and tidy. It is the responsibility of all tenants to appoint a maid and provide cleaning materials such as dish washing soap, harpic, phenyl, broom, mopping cloth, garbage bag, etc. on a monthly basis to maintain optimum level of hygiene.. During our / owners visit to property, if found that the standard hygiene is not maintained as expected, we will conduct a deep cleaning procedure from our end and charges will be added to the tenant's monthly rent invoice.
- As per the directives of Supreme court and Ministry of Environment and Forests, dumping of WET and DRY waste together is a serious and punishable offense. We request every tenant to be responsible for the fact and maintain two separate garbage bags for dry and wet waste.
- Tenants are expected to maintain basic etiquettes of hygiene like disposing of any leftover food or any other solid waste in the dustbin provided and not the kitchen sink. If anyone is found doing the latter there would be a penalty of Rs.250 per head applicable as such actions lead to clogging of the sink.
- Parking space is subject to availability and permission from the society. In case of unavailability, all tenants are expected to arrange parking space for their vehicles themselves. In case any tenant is found parking vehicles inside the society without permission, a penalty of Rs.1000 will be fined by GetSetHome and any additional penalty charged by the society.
- In case of any theft, damage, injury or mishap which may eventuate in the duration of the tenant's stay, GetSetHome will not be held responsible for any damage to you or your personal belongings.
- In case of damage/theft of any furniture or appliance or furnishings or fittings in the house irrespective of reason being physical damage or damage as result of power fluctuation / high voltage due to high consumption, all the tenants living at the premises at that point of time shall be held responsible. The compensation for repair (if repairable)/replacement shall be deducted from the security deposit as mentioned in the refund policy. In case the recovery amount exceeds the security deposit, the tenants shall be liable to pay the amount.
- The right containers/bowls should be placed inside a microwave to avoid any hazardous situation.
- GetSetHome provides rental homes and not service apartments. Minor repairs and day-to-day routine maintenance such as change of tube-lights/bulbs/CFL, DTH/TV/AC remote batteries, housing keeping consumables, garbage bag, soap, food, pest control, water purifier filter/candles/membrane, changing and washing of linens etc. shall be done by the tenants at their own costs and expenses.
- Tenants may not be allowed to leave the premises with their belongings in case of pending rental payments or other dues until the same gets resolved and all the dues are cleared.
- All payments invoices to tenants / sub-licensee will attract necessary and applicable taxes or government fees as payable.
- As per the latest notification issued by the Ministry of Finance dated 13th July 2022, refer to Notification no. 05/2022- Central Tax, from 18th July 2022 onwards renting of immoveable property is now taxable and no longer exempted under GST. Your monthly rent will now attract applicable GST. In case of the registered person, please input your GST number in your profile to avail of input credit.
- GetSetHome reserves the right to update the tenancy policy at any time without any notice to tenants. Ignorance of any such amendments to the rules will not be accepted as an excuse for any breach of rules and regulations.