Rajnikanth is the superstar of Indian cinema, and not that he needed a reason to prove it, but yet again his grandeur as a star is visible to the world. Kabali, his much anticipated movie starring Radhika Apte in the female lead role, releases on July 22, and has already been doing rounds everywhere. The poster is literally on all realms of the earth, so even animals know that Anna is going to drop a bomb new movie on the world. Bollywood can take lessons from Anna as to how to make people declare a holiday on the day your movie releases. Yes, you read that right. Companies in Chennai, Bangalore have done something every Rajni fan dreams of, holiday on the release day. What’s better than getting a holiday for watching a movie? Isn’t this #JobGoals, really? And as usual, Twitter had A LOT to say about this.
1. You snooze you lose.
2. Making a point without yelling.
3. Anna is too cool for Oscars.
5. Buck up, you guys!
6. Thalaiva and his stardom.
7. Because Anna.
If you thought a holiday on the film’s release was the only thing Rajni fans were doing, we have more in store for you.
1. A particular auto driver will be giving free rides to fans going to watch Kabali. Anna’s influence is vast.
2. A certain fan designed this to get a leave on the day of release.
3. AirAsia designed Kabali themed aircraft for all fans, that’ll carry Anna’s fans from Bangalore to Chennai to watch the premier.
4. A fan from London will be flying down to Mumbai to take part in a procession organised by die hard fans, following the first show screening. What even!
5. An IT firm Fyndus is not only giving leaves to their employees, but also providing them with free tickets to the show. Time to move.